Dr. Lynn Gaufin
Dr. Lynn Gaufin is the founder of the Utah Neurological Clinic . He specializes in cervical and lumbar spinal surgeries, artificial disc replacement single and two level, brain tumors, brain hemorrhages, and hematomas.
- Bachelor of Science, Zoology, Cum Laude, University of Utah
- Cornell Medical College, New York City, New York
- Internship, University of Oregon Hospitals and Clinics, Portland, Oregon,
- General Surgical Residency, North Shore Hospital, Memorial Sloane-Kettering Cancer Research Center (Cornell University affiliated hospitals)
- U.S. Army General Surgery, South East Asia
- Neurosurgical Residency, University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA)
- Clinical Instructor in Neurosurgery, University of California at Los Angeles
- Diplomat, American Board of Neurological Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
Dr. Lynn Gaufin believes in a conservative approach to spinal pain before surgery is considered an option for most patients they will be referred to to physical therapy, pain management and PM&R. If the patient doesn’t have any relief from those therapies then the surgical option will be discussed. Dr. Gaufin is one of the most experienced physicians in the state for single and two level artificial disc replacement surgery.